What is Gujarat Board?
- GSEB is responsible for conducting two state level examinations in Gujarat
- The exams are called Senior School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- The board was formed on 1st May 1960. The headquarters are located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- GSEB decides the syllabus for these exams
- It regularly inspects the performance of schools affiliated with it
- New schools in Gujrat can affiliate themselves to the board by visiting the site http://nsa.gseb.org/.Once the procedure mentioned on the site is completed, a school gets affiliated to GSEB and is bound by its rules and norms. The schools are supposed to follow the syllabus as prescribed by the board
- The exam dates, question pattern, and marking scheme are all decided by GSEB. These are the same for all schools affiliated to it