What is ICSE?
Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (abbreviated as CISCE) is a national level, private Board of School education in India.
- ICSE conducts the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examinations for Class X and Class XII respectively
- It was established in 1958
- Before 1986, it was affiliated to the French Board Examination, a fact that gives it great credibility among foreign schools and universities
- ICSE and ISC exams are known for their extensive and voluminous syllabus
- Since the course structure lays heavy importance on giving equal attention to each subjects it demands that students develop an in-depth understanding and dedicate equal time to each of these subjects, including humanities