What is Jharkhand Board ?
- The state of Jharkhand came into existence on 15th November, 2000
- The Jharkhand Academic Council (Jharkhand Board) was established for holding and conducting examinations at the end of intermediate education, secondary education, Sanskrit education and Madrasa education
- The Jharkhand Board also prescribes courses for the above-mentioned examinations
- It recommends the recognition of intermediate educational institutions, high schools, Sanskrit schools and Madrasas to the state government
- It also carries out any other duties assigned to the council by the state government from time to time