What is Karnataka Board?
- Every year in April, about 8.50 lakh students appear for the SSLC examinations
- To improve the evaluation system, the board has set up divisional offices. This decentralization helps serve students’ needs more effectively and efficiently
- The board will conduct the supplementary examination for failed students of the March examination in June, every year. This will enable students who would be successful in the June examination, to join higher education courses in the same academic year. This process was introduced for the first time in the country.
- The Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) is a certification obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of the academic year at the secondary schooling level.
- The SSLC is obtained on passing Class 10 board examinations in India. SSLC is a common eligibility examination popular in many states in India, especially Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu.