KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Examination) is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. It is a state level examination which gives an opportunity for the candidates to take admission in courses such as:-
- Naturopathy & Yoga
- Farm Science courses
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture
- B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture
- B.Sc (Hons) Forestry
- B.Sc. Agriculture BioTech, B.HSc. (Home Science)
- B.Tech (Agri.Engg)
- B.Tech (Food Technology)
- B.Tech (Dairy Tech)
- B.F.Sc (Fisheries)
- B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agri
- Marketing & Co‐Op
- B. Pharma
In Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un‐Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should have pass 10+2 examination but not from the university listed in the VTU website or Karnataka State Open University.
- Doe medical and dental, AYUSH candidates must have physics, chemistry and biology as their main subject along with English in 10+2 or any other equivalent examination recognized securing a minimum of 50% marks in each subject.
- For engineering and technology candidates must have physics and mathematics as their main subjects along with chemistry/biotechnology/biology/computer science as their option in 10+2 examination or any other equivalent examination a minimum of 45% marks in each subject.
- Architectural candidates are required to have mathematics as their optional subject securing a minimum of 50% marks in each subject opted by them.
- B-Pharma candidates should pass in 2nd PUC / 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and obtained a Minimum of 45% of Marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects.
- Candidate should pass in Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India Under Section 12 of the Pharmacy Act and has secured a minimum of 45% marks.
- Farm Science courses candidates should pass in 2nd PUC / 12th / Equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as optional subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in each subject.
- The Common Entrance Test will be held on TWO days in FOUR different sessions for four subjects.
- Medium of Examination is English or Kannada only.
- Mode of examination is offline based.
- On the first day, the test will be conducted for Biology and Mathematics subjects in two sessions.
- On the next day, the test will be conducted for Physics and Chemistry subjects in two sessions as per the date and time notified.
- Each paper/subject will be conducted for 60 marks each with a duration of 80 minutes each.
- The questions will be of MCQ type.
- Each question will carry ONE mark.
- No negative marks are done for the wrong response.
The candidates must follow the following procedure for the counselling
Step 1:- Register and pay the counselling fee before attending the certificate verification.
Step 2:- Visit the allotted centre for certificate verification according to the date and time allotted.
Step 3:- After certificate verification candidates are required to fill the Manual Option Entry as per their preferences of colleges and branch.
Step 4:- Selected candidates then must pay the Tuition Fee mentioned in the Provisional allotment within the prescribed time and self-report through online system in candidates’ login and take admission number to confirm the seat.
Step5:- Candidates who have not been selected in the previous rounds can participate in the upcoming counselling rounds. The candidates who have secured a seat in a previous round must visit the Institute for admission.
|Online application form release date||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form excluding late fee||3rd week of March 2019|
|The release date of admit card||1st week of April 2019|
|Examination date||3rd week of April 2019|
|Result declaration||4rt week of May 2019|
|Starting of the counselling||2nd week of June 2019|
The following information must be kept ready
- Hall ticket Number of Qualifying (10+2) Examination
- Email Id.
- Mobile Number
- Hall ticket Number of S.S.C. or equivalent
- Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate Application number for SC/ST only
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status (last 12 years)
- Visit website (http://kea.kar.nic.in).
- Pay the registration fees either by credit/debit card/ net banking or AP online centres
- Use the payment referral number to fill the application form.
- Candidates must fill out the application form carefully after reading all the instructions.
- Upload the photograph, signature and thumb impression
KCET are one of the most esteemed state level examination of India. Thousands of aspiring students take up the exam every year with the hope of making it to the prestigious institutions. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program include several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students crack the KCET entrance exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack KCET. With the help of our special KCET coaching program, and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting into the course you've always dreamt about.