Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of Government of India aimed at motivating students to take up research of basic sciences.
The KVPY exam is regulated by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc). Every year over 1 lac students appear for this exam out of which almost 2500 candidates’ mange to get KYPY scholarship.
The merit list of KVPY scholars is based on 75% weight-age for Aptitude Test marks and 25% weight-age for the interview marks. There are 3 streams for which KVPY is conducted: SA, SB, SX.
- SA can be written by students studying Science stream in class 11.
- SX can be written by students studying Science stream in class 12.
- SB can be written by students studying Science stream in first year of graduation.
KVPY scholarship are not provided for Distance learning or correspondence Bachelors or Master degree courses.
Monthly and Annual Grants:
|Basic Science Courses||Monthly Fellowship Amount||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB - 1st to 3rd years of Bachelors in Science, Statistics or Math and Integrated M.Sc./M.S.||Rs 5000||Rs 20000|
|SA/SX/SB - during M. Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated Masters in Science, Statistics or Math||Rs 7000||Rs 28000|
- SA: Candidate must be studying Science Stream in class 11th. A minimum of 75% in math and Science should be obtained by general category candidates in class 10th boards whereas SC, ST and PWD candidates are given minimum criteria of 65%.
- SX: Candidate must be studying Science Stream in class 12th. A minimum of 75% in math and Science should be obtained by general category candidates in class 10th boards whereas SC, ST and PWD candidates are given minimum criteria of 65%. If the candidate manages to secure a scholarship then he or she must secure above 60% in their 12th board examination. For SC, ST, OBC the bar is 50%.
- SB: Candidates must be studying in their 1st year of Bachelor in any of the basic science. A general Category candidate must secure 60% in their 12th Board examination as well as in their 1st year of graduation whereas SC, ST, PWD candidates are supposed to obtain a minimum of 50% in their 12th boards and 1st year of engineering.
- It essentially follows an online format of exam.
- It is a 3-hour long exam.
- The exam can be taken in Hindi or English
- It consists of 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology and is of MCQ type.
- The questions in each section is divided into 2 parts: PART 1 and PART 2
- For every correct answer in Part 1 candidate is awarded +1 and for every incorrect answer candidate is awarded -0.25.
- For every correct answer in Part 2 candidate is awarded +2 and for every incorrect answer candidate is awarded -0.50.
- For SA there are 15 questions in Part 1 and 5 questions in Part 2.
- For SB and SX there are 20 questions in Part 1 and 10 questions in Part 2.
NOTE: SX and SB candidates are required to opt for 3 out of 4 sections depending on the choice of their research stream.
- The online application for KVPY starts in second week of July and ends in 3rd week of August.
- Candidates must fill up personal and academic details carefully and upload their photo, signature and the other documents that are asked for.
- Examination fee must be payed either by Debit/Credit card, Net banking or by E-Challan to complete the Application procedure.
- Admit Cards are available from 2nd week of October on official KVPY website.
- Admit card contains essential information like examination centre, roll number name, age etc. So, it must be downloaded and kept carefully.
- Candidate must not fail to take the admit card to examination centre.
Candidate having more than or equal to cut off marks qualify KVPY and then can appear for the next phase i.e. the interview round. The cut off varies every year for all the 3 streams.
|MATH||Mathematics for Class XI||R. D. Sharma; Publisher: Dhanpat|
|Biology||Elementary Biology (Volume - 1)||K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi; Publisher: Trueman|
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of Government of India aimed at motivating students to take up research of basic sciences.Thousands of aspiring students take up the exam every year with the hope of achieving the scholarship. At BasicFirst, we offer earnest students the opportunity to interact and learn from the finest faculty. Our study program include several methodologies for this. We offer Doubt Clearing sessions, to ensure that students have a strong foundation in the subject. To supplement this, we have online tests and practice workbooks to help train the students crack the KVPY scholarship exam. To encourage one-on-one interaction, we also give students the chance to consult and interact with our faculty over our Live Online, and Mentors programs.
Our programs are fine-tuned to helping students crack KVPY examination. With the help of our special KVPY coaching program, and a little hard work from your side, you can be sure of getting the KVPY scholarship you've always dreamt about.