What is Maharashtra Board?
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) is a statutory and autonomous body. It is established under the "Maharashtra Secondary Boards Act" 1965 (amended in 1977).
- The most important task of the board is to conduct the SSC and HSC examinations
- It is the most popular education board in terms of high school enrollment in India after CBSE
- It has been ranked 4th in the 'Futuristic Education Boards in India' from more than 35 educational boards in the country
- The board conducts examinations twice a year
- 14 lakh HSC students and 17 lakh SSC students appear for this exam every year