What is Tamil Nadu Board?
Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education (TNBSE) is under the purview of the Department of Education, Government of Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1910.
- Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education is also known as TNBSE. The board was set up in the year 1910. The board is located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- It is the oldest and amongst the most well known boards in India
- The board has controlled the education system in the schools of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu board conducts exams twice a year. The Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education also conducts supplementary exams in the state and provides certificates to qualified students
- The Tamil Nadu Board includes various streams such as SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) stream, the Anglo India stream, the Oriental School Leaving Certificate (OSLC), and the Matriculation stream. For 11th and 12th standards, it provides Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) stream too
- The scores from the Class 12 board examinations are used by universities to determine eligibility and as a cutoff for admissions into their programmes
- Every year, nearly 7 lakh students appear for both Tamil Nadu board SSLC exams and Tamil Nadu board HSC exams
Tamil Nadu board specially focuses on the following areas:
- Collecting data related to students appearing in several examinations
- Authorization of centers to conduct examinations
- Maintenance and supply of question papers to relevant centers
- Delivering stationary to the exam centers
- Tabulation of marks
- Releasing results and certificates
- Organizing studies for drop out students who could not complete their education.
- Providing roll numbers to the registered students and hall tickets to private students